Thursday, August 5, 2010

Espanola in the Rio Grande Valley


These are the Sangre de Cristo Mountains that I look at everyday!

I wanted to let everyone know a little bit about the beautiful place I'm staying for the next few months. The McCurdy mission school was founded in 1912 by a very passionate young woman. Espanola is in the Rio Arriba County, just north of Santa Fe...the Rio Grande is verrrry close. The elevation is 5,590 feet. When I stand on campus I can see the Jemez Mountains on one side and when I turn around, I see the Sangre de Cristo (the blood of Christ) Mountains. The entire teaching staff is so welcoming and I love my cooperating teacher, Diana :) We are going to have a blast in 2nd grade for the first semester! The theme for this school year is "Reach out in Love" using John 15:12 as our motto/scripture. I also get to help teach Music class to our 1st and 2nd graders which I am SO excited about, as well as an Elementary play! Emily and I are looking forward to traveling to some beautiful places around Espanola as well as going to some Pueblo Feast days in a week or so :) School starts on Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of the view! Have a good first day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I knew you would like the Social Studies aspect of my life here haha :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete